2015 - 2017
Director, Data & Analytics Delivery Services
- I help PwC partners and staff use data, analytics, and visualization techniques to gain new insights and deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
2005 - 2015
Computer and Information Research Scientist
- Speaker and promoter of Gov 2.0 concepts using Web 2.0 and Social Networking principles to improve information sharing capabilities.
- Design and development lead for ORNL Sensorpedia project, applying Web 2.0 social networking standards to sensor data sharing.
- Promoter and curator of ORNL STEM education program.
- Design and development lead for The Resiliency Analysis and Coordination System (TRACS) developed for the DoD's Center for Excellence in Disaster Management and Humanitarian Assistance (COE-DMHA).
- Design and development lead for the Redstone Test Center Data Discovery Tool (DDT)
- User interface design consultant for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Knowledge Discovery Infrastructure.
- Provide Human-Computer Interaction design and consulting for ORNL High Flux Isotope Reactor (HFIR) emergency management software.
- A lead developer for SensorNet, a system for the detection and assessment of CBRNE threats.
- ORNL representative to Open Geospatial Consortium WFS and Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) working groups
- Developed and maintain the GML Application Schema for SensorNet.
- Developed ORNL prototype WFS services incorporating security and other experimental enhancements.
- Developed Google Earth interface for SensorNet sensors and alerts.
- Train other SensorNet and third-party developers on the use of WFS within sensor networks.
- Coordinate with University of Tennessee, Vanderbilt University, and other professors to support graduate student research based on the SensorNet program.
- IPSN '06, Best Large-Scale Demonstration Award
- Provided design and consulting services for Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) projects.
- Present and defend design decisions to development team, upper management, and clients.
- Direct programmer teams to apply good coding practices to maintain code consistency and maintainability.
- Mentor ORNL student interns and co-ops.
- Program and assess security sensitive systems and applications.
- Configure commercial software packages for system integration.
- Document research and development efforts.
- Present ORNL technologies in support of new program development opportunities at ORNL.
- Work with ORNL Technology Transfer department to commercialize ORNL intellectual property.
- Taught Programming in Java I course as part of the Information Technology - Software Applications and Programming Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Received highest possible student evaluation scores.
2000 - 2005
Senior Computer System Designer
(Contracted to ORNL)
- Developed SensorNet web services using Java Web Service Developer Pack technology.
- Designed SensorNet XML message interface based on OGC standards.
- Heavily involved in the defining of the SensorNet system architecture and regional data center database model.
- Presented current SensorNet research and development efforts at the University of Tennessee College of Communication's 26th Annual Research Symposium.
- Obtained FBI and Office of Personnel Management (OPM) security clearances.
- Developed web-based and standalone applications for the FBI using Java Servlet and Swing technology.
- Developed a web-based class registration and reporting application for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) using Perl and SQL.
- Ported Linux based NNSA application to Windows 2000 server.
- Integrated new platform-independent client software with legacy systems.
- Proposed and implement usability improvements to software applications.
- Devised procedures to test and debug software to ensure project requirements were met.
- Consulted with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Evaluated user requests for new programs and features to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities.
- Wrote documentation, UML use cases, and data flow diagrams.
2003 - 2004
Independent Software Design Consultant
- Designed and implemented an electronic door access system for site access control using Java and LDAP technology.
- Developed an event-driven framework for handling interactions between hardware and software.
- Created a fully functional GUI hardware simulator for development and testing of application using Java Swing technology.
1999 - 2000
Computer Programming & Web Development
- Planned, developed, tested, and documented innovative Database Marketing and RFM analysis application now used for automating and analyzing direct marketing procedures using Perl and MySQL.
- Automated statistical analyses of sales data and created custom user interfaces.
- Optimized existing data analysis scripts for speed and operating efficiency.
- Produced web-based applications for customer information and inventory maintenance.
- Presented demonstrations and provided technical assistance to program users.
- Served as webmaster for growing e-commerce website.
1997 - 1999
- Responsible for Court document filings.
- Broadened knowledge of commercial law
- MEAN, jQuery, AJAX, socket.io
- HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS, Wordpress
- Java, Swing, Servlets, JSP
- XML, XSL
- PHP, Perl, Regular Expressions
- GIS, OGC, GML, KML
- OData, SQL, JDBC
- RESTful Web Services
- Internet of Things (IoT), Web of Things (WoT)
- STEM/STEAM education
- Human-computer interaction
- Interface design and usability
- Tagging systems and multifaceted classification
- Social networking, collaborative software interfaces
- Informal interfaces
- Cooperative robotic teams and software agents
- Wide-area sensor networks
- Data visualization and presentation
- Visual analytics
- Presentation design
- Sublime, Eclipse, Geany
- Balsamiq, Microsoft Visio
- Trello, SocialText
- git, SVN, Teamware, SCCS, CVS
- grunt, bower, make, ant
- Tomcat, Apache
- Google Earth / Keyhole
- Google Maps API
- Web Feature Server (WFS)
- Sensor Web Enablement (SWE)
- Object-Oriented Design Patterns
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) Architecture
- Data structures
- Fundamental algorithms
- Finite automata
- Complexity Theory
- Display Management
- Concepts of Programming Languages
- Combinatorics, logic, set theory
- Boolean Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
Security and Integrity
- OpenID, OAuth
- Public-key infrastructure (PKI)
- Digital certificates
- WWW security
- Cryptography, DES, RSA, Rijndael, Diffie-Hellman
- D. Resseguie, S. Fairgrieve. "Unifying Isolated Sensor Systems using Web 2.0 and Open Standards," Sensors Magazine Online, 2010.
- R. Walker, D. Resseguie, M. Shankar, B. Gorman, C. Smith, D. Hill. "Next Generation Waste Tracking: Linking Legacy Systems with Modern Networking Technologies," Waste Management Conference, 2010
- R. Edwards, L. E. Parker, D. Resseguie. "Robopedia: Leveraging Sensorpedia for Web-Enabled Robot Control," 8th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), 2010.
- B. Gorman, D. Resseguie, C. Tomkins-Tinch. "Sensorpedia: Information sharing across incompatible sensor systems," pp.448-454, 2009 International Symposium on Collaborative Technologies and Systems, 2009.
- B. Gorman, D. Resseguie, M. Shankar. "Designing Information Interoperability," 2009 Special Operations Forces Industry Conference, 2009.
- M. Shankar, A. Sorokine, B. Bhaduri, D. Resseguie, S. Shekhar, J. S. Yoo. "Spatio-Temporal Conceptual Schema Development for Wide-Area Sensor Networks", Conference on Geospatial Semantics, 2007.
- A. Ledeczi, D. Resseguie. "Dirty Bomb Detection and Localization in a Crowd", Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2006.
- D. Resseguie. "Weaving a Spatio-Temporal Sensor Network: Feature Composition and Translation for Interoperability", GeoWeb, 2006.
- D. Resseguie. "Evolving Sensor Networks: Bridging Developed and Emerging Standards", Open Geospatial Consortium TC Plenary, 2006.
- An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (or meet your robot overlords), CodeMash 2016 (video overview)
- Parkwest Medical Center Emerging Medical Technologies Forum, presenting potential technology commercialization options developed at ORNL
- East Tennessee CyberSecurity Summit, speaking on benefits of social networking technologies for information sharing
- Tap the Collective in Washington, DC, speaker and panelist, participating with Don Burke of the CIA's Intellipedia and Emma Antunes of NASA's Spacebook
- DOE Packaging Certification Program Technical Review, speaking on Sensorpedia framework's applicability to Tracking 2.0
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency R&D Forum 2.0 (NRF 2.0), speaking on Sensorpedia framework's applicability to geospatial intelligence
- NORTHCOM Joint Interagency Coordination Group (JIACG), briefed working group on Web 2.0 and social networking concepts applied to information sharing
- DOD Joint Urban Test Capability, briefed research group on key differences between integrated and interoperable system architectures for information sharing
- Briefed Sensorpedia and related concepts to dozens of ORNL management, visitors, and sponsors
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Tennessee - Knoxville, 2004.
- B.S., Computer Science and Honors Mathematics, University of Tennessee - Knoxville, 2001.
Honors and Awards
- Top Graduate in Natural Sciences Division of the College of Arts and Sciences, University of Tennessee, 2001
- IPSN '06, Best Large-Scale Demonstration Award, 2006
- Provost Award - University of Tennessee Citation for Extraordinary Academic Achievement, 2001
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, Pi Mu Epsilon, Golden Key, and University of Tennessee Honors Programs
- Research Alliance in Math and Science Mentor Award, 2006
- U.S. Department of Energy Office of Science Outstanding Mentor Award, 2010
- Coordinate multimedia for Northstar Church and assist in the student ministry
- Foster parent for Knox County
- Coached a local FIRST LEGO League (FLL) robot competition team for middle school aged children
- Develop and present STEM education (using robots and drones) at local schools.
- Serve at Water Angels Ministry in downtown Knoxville
- Mission of Hope Back-to-School program
- Perform magic for church activities, mission trips, and Mission of Hope
- Vice-President of the Baptist Collegiate Ministry at UTK Leadership Team
- Freshman and new student Bible study leader at UTK BCM
- Children's tutoring/mentoring in government housing area
- Upward Basketball League Staff / Referee
- First Harvest Food Drive
- Vol-Challenge community service program
- Youth Praise and Worship Leader
- Vacation Bible School Recreation Helper
Hobbies and Activities
Cañas, Costa Rica, Summer 2007
- Community Outreach
- Door-to-door Ministry
Bombarral, Portugal, Spring Break 2002
- Group Leader
- Community Outreach
- Art Ministry
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, Spring Break 2001
- Community Outreach
- Worship Leading
New York, NY, Spring Break 2000
- Church repair
San Jose, Costa Rica, Spring Break 1999
- Working with High School Age Group
Boston, MA, Spring Break 1998
- Children's Tutoring
- Church Clean-up
Nashville, TN, 1997
- Inner-city Children
- Community Clean-up
Seymour, TN, 1996
- Harrison Chilhowee King's Academy
- Clean-up and construction
Loudon, TN, 1996
- Paint Widow's House
Omaha, NE, 1994
- Backyard Bible Clubs
- Drama Team
Oakdale, TN, 1993
- Children's Home Cleanup